Verusen (The intelligent supply chain)
Since this article was written, AUTIT has changed their name to Verusen.
As AI-first investors, we love hearing about new ways to solve age-old problems with machine learning. And we get really excited when we see ways for these techniques to address problems that have been historically neglected by the tech industry!
Supply chains are complicated and inefficient; and at times, curiously untouched by innovation. That’s why we were so excited to meet AUTIT and hear some fresh ideas for manufacturers. Their beachhead is the indirect supply chain, also known as MRO. MRO are the parts that keep a manufacturing line running, from engine casings to ball bearings to safety glasses.
Redundant MRO inventory has become a chronic and industry-wide problem for manufacturers, for a combination of reasons: people who manage MRO are focused on avoiding downtime (rather than avoiding waste), and lack of coordination across plants makes it easy to accumulate redundancy. What’s keeping manufacturers from solving the problem is the lack of clean, accurate, and current data about MRO inventory.
AUTIT’s founders have cracked two key problems: first, cleaning, unifying, and harmonizing MRO sku data and second, building models that can predict the need for parts on the assembly line. Their neural network-based architecture gets smarter with every part tagged and every production line optimized, representing multiple virtuous loops of data. Between the two, they enable manufacturers to make smarter tradeoffs when managing inventory, initially for MRO and ultimately far beyond.
AUTIT has the unfair advantage of the perfect team to tackle this problem — the blend of domain knowledge (Paul) and technology expertise (JR and George) means we have a team that deeply understands the problem they are solving and can invent novel techniques to solve it. Situated in Atlanta, Georgia, they are connected with a burgeoning tech scene and embedded in the community of manufacturers who will be their customers and partners.
We’re thrilled to partner with our friends at Glasswing to back AUTIT to bring about the Intelligence Era for manufacturers!
- AI-First Companies: Flipped
- The AI-first startup playbook
- AI adoption is limited by incurred risk, not potential benefit
- AI-First Companies
- Data rights are the new IP rights
- The Intelligent Enterprise Stack
- Beating Behemoths
- Don't sell your data
- Framework to grasp industrial analytics opportunities
- Beyond systems of record
- Positioning a machine learning company
- The intelligence era and the virtuous loop
- Vertical beats horizontal in machine learning
- Zetta Bytes AMA: Questions to ask about pricing
- Zetta Bytes AMA: Hiring a CTO
- AI Entrepreneurs: 3 things to check before you pursue a customer
- There are more data scientists than you think
- Stages of funding in the intelligence era
- Could data costs kill your AI startup?
- Measuring AI startups by the right yardstick
- Finding the Goldilocks zone for applied AI
- Data is not the new oil
- Machine Learning in the Deployment Age
- Innovations of the Next Decade
- Zetta Bytes: Privacy Preserving Machine Learning
- GDPR panic may spur data and AI innovation
- Computing like a human
- New opportunities for hardware acceleration in data analytics
- Hardware acceleration in data analytics
- Newsletter Archive
- Skan: Visualizing the Future (of Work)
- Announcing Zetta Fund III, a $180M fund for AI-first companies
- Aptology: The Science of Fit
- Verusen (The intelligent supply chain)
- Opsani: What's Next? Continuous Optimization
- Promethium: Starting a Fire
- Lilt: Translation for all